Hey guys, how are you doing? Here, I come up with an article on How to Recover Deleted Messages on WhatsApp? Billions around the world are using WhatsApp communication app. Now days, this is the leading instant messaging app. You can send unlimited messages to your friends or family. You can create groups and add people in the groups.
We usually send many messages to your friends, colleagues or family on WhatsApp. A friend asked How to recover deleted whatsapp conversation? Therefore, I decided to write an article on it. Sometimes, accidentally, you may delete conversations on WhatsApp. You want them back. What do you do then? No idea!! Yes, you can restore the deleted messages or conversation using the simple steps discussed below. This is it all about. I am sure, you will get a brief idea on recovering deleted WhatsApp messages on your mobile phone. Let’s go.
Pick one Whatsapp Dp from our collection
Things you may don’t know about WhatsApp:
- WhatsApp backs up the conversations or messages everyday at 4 AM.
- The restoring messages folder that is “WhatsApp” located in the file manager of your mobile phone
- This may be located in either your mobile’s internal memory or External memory like SD card.
Our Popular Post: Install latest updated WhatsApp on your computer
Recover Deleted Messages on WhatsApp:
There are mainly two methods to Recover Deleted Messages on WhatsApp. First method is, for most recent deleted messages back up and the second one for older or less recent messages recovery.
- If you want to recover recently deleted messages, you can simply uninstall the app and reinstall it.
- While reinstalling the app, at some stage, it shows you on screen message like “Message backup found” and would you like to restore the messages from backup? All you need to do is, click on Restore option.
- Sometimes, your messages may not be restored by this method. The main reasons for this are, your SD card chat history may have corrupted or back up is too old.
- Remember, if you don’t use your last used phone number to reinstall the application, this does not work.
Restoring older or less recent backups:
NOTE: The most recent messages sent or received cannot be restored in this method. If you want to backup your most recent messages too, you need to perform a manual backup. Follow the steps below carefully to perform manual backup. Please perform this carefully. Stick to the instruction while doing this.
- Open WhatsApp in your mobile phone.
- Click on menu and go to settings.
- There you will see Chat Settings. Click on that and chat settings will be opened.
- You can see Backup Conversation option in chat settings. Click on that and your backup will be completed automatically.
- The backup file is stored in WhatsApp folder that is located in file manager.
- Go to file manager and then open WhatsApp folder—>Databases
- In databeses, you can see some files with names like “msgsore-2015-02-26.1.db.crypt8” or “msgstore-2015-02-26.1.db.crypt7”
- The last one named “msgstore.db.crypt8” or “msgstore.db.crypt7”. Please do change the name of the file to “msgstore.db.crypt8.current”
- This is to do not get any confusion while restoring the deleted messages.
Now, we will start restoring the messages.
- Uninstall WhatsApp.
- Decide which file you want to restore and change the file name to “msgstore.db.crypt8”.
For Example, the file you selected to restore named “msgsore-2015-02-26.1.db.crypt8”, change the file name to “msgstore.db.crypt8”.
- Now, install WhatsApp.
- When asked to restore while installing, tap on Restore.
- That’s it. If you want to do it for other files, follow the same steps again.
You can easily recover deleted messages on WhatsApp using the steps above.You can verify WhatsApp FAQ section for most asked questions on WhatsApp
I hope you can backup your messages after reading this article. If you still find any difficulties in restoring messages, please let us know by commenting your questions. We will come to you soon with the answer.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook. We will let you know about the latest updates via Facebook or Google Plus.
Thank You from AllTechFeed.com