The Steam Overlay function is an in-game attribute that allows you to access many Steam functions while playing a game. All you need to do is click the Shift-Tab key on the keyboard to open up the overlay while in a game. Although this is a terrific attribute, there are circumstances when particular concerns will take place. In this most recent installation of our troubleshooting series, we will deal with the Vapor Overlay not working issue.
Suppose you have any problems with your computer or Android tool after that, feel free to contact us utilizing this form. We will certainly be more than pleased to assist you with any problems that you might have with your tool. This is a free service we are providing without any strings connected. However, we ask that when you call us, try to be as outlined as possible to ensure that an accurate evaluation can be made and the appropriate service can be given.
How To Fix Steam Overlay Not Working Problem
Before executing any of the suggested troubleshooting steps listed below, it’s best to reactivate your computer initially. This activity rejuvenates the operating system and gets rid of any corrupt temporary information that could create trouble.
Many variables can trigger this specific issue, ranging from the gain access to concern to a wrong setting. Listed below are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to repair this issue.
Provide administrative access to Steam
Among the reasons why this concern will happen is because Steam does not have administrative access. Try offering this software administrative access, then check if the problem still takes place.
- Open the Steam directory. The default location of it is C: \ Program Data (x86) \ Steam
- Find documents named “Steam.exe” then right-click it and also choose Properties. Select the Compatibility tab from the top of the display. At the bottom of the home window, you will see a check box mentioning “Run this program as an administrator.” Make sure it is examined. Conserve changes and also leave.
- Locate the data called “GameOverlayUI.exe.” Right-click and also select its homes. Select the Compatibility tab from the top of the display. At the bottom of the window, you will undoubtedly see a check box specifying “Run this program as an administrator.” Make sure it is checked. Save changes as well as exit.
- Restart Steam .
Inspect if the Steam Overlay not functioning concern still takes place.
Enable Steam Overlay
Before you can utilize Heavy Steam Overlays, you must make sure that this feature is possible.
- Open your Steam client.
- Click the option called Steam existing on the top left side of the window. From the drop-down box, choose Setups to open up the Setups interface.
- Click the In-Game tab present on the left side of the screen. Right here, you will see a check box mentioning “Enable the Heavy steam Overlay while in-game.” Ensure it is inspected. You can also examine if you are pressing the appropriate Overlay shortcut keys. You can also alter them if you desire.
- Click the Library tab present at the top of the home window. The video games that are set up on your computer will certainly be detailed here. Right-click on the game in which the overlay isn’t functioning as well as select Residences.
- You will certainly see an additional check box stating “Allow the Vapor Overlay while in-game.” See to it is examined.
- Restart Vapor.
Inspect if the Heavy steam Overlay not working problem still occurs.
Disable 3rd party applications
Specific third-party applications can interfere with the means Steam Overlay works. Several of the applications that are known to cause issues are Fraps and Synapse. Try closing these applications from the task manager; after that, examine if the problem still takes place.
Confirm local video game files and library file
There’s a possibility that a corrupted game is causing this problem. You can fix this by confirming your video game data.
- Open your Steam customer and also click Collection present on the top. Select the game in which Heavy steam overlay fails to open.
- Right-click on the game, which is giving you the mistake, and picks Properties.
- When in the homes, search the Local file tab and click the option that claims Confirm Honesty of Game Data. Heavy steam will certainly that start confirming all the data present; if there is any file missing/corrupted, it will undoubtedly download that file again and change it as necessary.
- Most likely to your Setups by pressing the Settings option after clicking Steam existing in the bottom left corner of the display. Once in the Setups, open the Downloads tab present at the left side of the interface.
- You will see a box which is composed of “Heavy steam Collection Folders.” Click it
- All your steam material information will be noted. Right-click on it as well as select “Repair work Library Data.”
- Reactivate Steam
Examine if the Vapor Overlay not working concern still occurs.
Including Steam exemption to Anti-virus
There are circumstances when your anti-virus software program can hinder how Heavy steam functions. It might be causing this overlaying concern. To fix this you will need to add Heavy steam as an exemption to your anti-viruses.
- Go to your taskbar under the right of your display and press the tiny umbrella you see there.
- A window called Expert Safety and security will open. Click on the alternative of “Extras” located on the top, and also a drop-down food selection will appear. From the fall menu, click on Configurations.
- Select PC Protection and afterward navigate to Scan. In the Check, you will undoubtedly be given a variety of different options. Select Exceptions, and you will undoubtedly see a dialogue box.
- You need to go into the address/pathway to your Steam directory to be omitted in the discussion box. You can push the browse switch, and with the data traveler, choose the Steam directory to include it to the checklist of exceptions; as soon as you have picked the folder, press Ok, and click Add. Vapor needs to be contributed to your exemptions list currently.
- Open Bitdefender as well as most likely to the Security Window by clicking the guard icon.
- Click the web link which says View Modules.
- Click on the Setups symbol, which you can see on the top-right edge of the antivirus.
- Go to the Exemptions tab present in the window.
- Click “List of documents as well as folders excluded from scanning”.
- Click the ADD button. Navigate to your Vapor directory site and choose Steam’s folder to exclude it from the scanning procedure. You ought to also select Both options before you include an exception.
- Click Add and save modifications.
- You can also include Steam.exe in the exemptions checklist by clicking on “Checklist of processes left out from scanning.” When the home window turns up, you can browse Steam.exe in your central Heavy steam directory. Select both and also conserve adjustments.
- Open the Avast user interface.
- Click on Setups discovered near the bottom left corner of the display.
- Most likely to General as well as scroll down the options till you find Exclusions.
- Expand the section as well as you will see a discussion where you can add worldwide exceptions. Navigate to your Steam directory site utilizing the browse choice. The default area for Heavy steam is (C: \ Program Documents \ Steam). If you set up Vapor an additional directory, you can likewise surf to that.
- As soon as you have selected the Steam folder, click on ADD near the bottom left side of the screen. Press OKAY, as well as Steam, is now included in worldwide exemptions of Avast anti-viruses.
- Click Windows switch and also in the search bar type “Windows protector.” Open Up “Windows Defender Safety And Security Center.”
- You will discover a listing of choices available in the brand-new home window. Select the option “Infection as well as hazard protection.”
- Navigate to Infection and Risk Defense Setups. Windows may motivate you to allow administrator access to use this feature. If so, press Yes.
- Try to find the window which claims “Include or remove exemptions.” Click it, and also you will be navigated to a food selection where you can add exclusions. You can exclude folders, extensions, and also even data. In this case, we will leave out the whole Heavy steam folder, which lies in the directory you downloaded.
- Click the alternative which says “Omit a folder” and also navigate to your Steam directory site. The default area for your vapor folder ought to be “C: \ Program Data (x86) \ Steam”. As soon as you get to the location, choose the folder and also conserve modifications.
- Open your Malwarebytes window by clicking the symbol in the taskbar located at the bottom right side of the display.
- Click on the Malware Exclusions tab located on the left side of the home window.
- In this tab, you discover an option that says “Include folder.” Click it, and you will be browsed to Submit Explorer, where you can select your Vapor directory quickly. The default area for your vapor folder ought to be “C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam”. As soon as you get to the location, pick the folder and conserve adjustments.
- Open your Norton application utilizing the symbol present in your job bar near the bottom right of your Windows display.
- Most likely to its Settings.
- Select the tab of Scams and Threats. You will indeed exist with a variety of options. Search For Exclusions/Low
- Dangers at the close to the bottom. Click it to increase. On the “Products to Omit from scans,” click the Configure button in front of it.
- You can add the Heavy steam directory site to the checklist of exemptions. Click Include Folders and also browse to your Vapor directory site. The default place for your heavy steam folder ought to be “C: \ Program Data (x86) \ Heavy steam”. When you get to the place, select the folder as well as conserve modifications.
- Open Kaspersky AV from the symbol existing in your taskbar near the bottom right of the display.
- G to the Setups menu.
- In the Setups, pick the tab of Added and select the tab of Dangers and Exemptions from the checklist of alternatives offered.
- In the Threats and Exclusion settings, click the Configure Exclusions present in the middle of the display.
- In the Exclusions home window, choose to Add existing in the bottom right of the screen.
- Currently, navigate to the Heavy steam directory making use of the Browse switch. The default area for your vapor folder ought to be “C: \ Program Documents (x86) \ Vapor”. Once you reach the place, pick the folder and also conserve changes.
ESET NOD 32
- Open up the ESET product utilizing the symbol present on your taskbar at the bottom right.
- Select the Configuration tab and from the checklist of alternatives, select Computer Protection.
- Select the gear icon existing beside “Real-time file system security.” After clicking it, you will certainly obtain an alternative about edit exemptions. Click it.
- Click on the symbol of Include and then browse to your Heavy steam directory site. The default place for your steam folder must be “C: \ Program Documents (x86) \ Steam”. Once you reach the place, choose the folder and conserve adjustments.
- Open McAfee Antivirus by clicking on its icon existing on the toolbar on the appropriate bottom side of your Windows
- Click Manage Protection.
- Select the choice of Arrange and run scans option present in a package of Infection and Spyware Protection.
- Select the choice of Routines checks from the checklist of options that comply with. A new window will open, and also from there; you will see the Add switch existing under the tab of Excluded Documents and Folders. Select Steam directory site after clicking Include through the file explorer. The default place for your vapor folder should be “C: \ Program Data (x86) \ Heavy steam”. When you reach the area, pick the folder as well as save modifications.
Inspect if the Vapor Overlay not functioning problem still takes place.
Disable the firewall program
There’s an opportunity that your computer system firewall is triggering this problem. To check if it is, you will undoubtedly need to disable it.
- Kind “firewall software” in the search
- Select the alternative which claims “Windows Defender Firewall Software.”
- Seek an alternative that says, “Turn Windows Firewall Software on or off.” It will be present on the left side of the display.
- There are 2 checkboxes—one for Exclusive networks and the other for Public networks. You can quickly disable the Firewall program for both by clicking the alternative “Turn off Windows Firewall Software”.
- After making the adjustments, click Ok to save your settings and also leave.
Inspect if the Vapor Overlay is not working problem still happens.
Look for Windows updates.
Open the Settings application by clicking the Beginning button then the gear icon.
- Most likely to “Update and Safety.”
- Click Check for updates. If there are updates after that, it will undoubtedly download them and ask before installing.
- Restart your computer system after the updates have been mounted.
Examine if the Steam Overlay not functioning problem still happens.
Refresh Heavy steam files
If the above actions stop working to fix the trouble after that, you will need to rejuvenate the Steam data.
- Most likely to your Vapor directory. The default area for your directory site is C:/ Program Documents (x86)/ Heavy steam.
- Find the following documents as well as folders: Userdata (folder), Steam.exe (Application), Steamapps (folder).
- Delete all various other files/folders. Make note that you should only erase the video game inside the Steamapps folder, giving you issues.
- Restart Steam. It will re-download the missing file.
Check if the Steam Overlay not functioning issue still happens.