Hi Friends, today I come with an exciting article on Windows Operating System. In this article I will explain to you how to Upgrade Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10. I know many of us eagerly waiting to install the Windows 10 Operating System on our computers. Recently Microsoft Revealed Different Versions Of Windows 10 OS and on june 1st it announces that Windows 10 Operating System is going to available for everyone from July 29th, 2015.
Microsoft also announces that, Windows 10 would be the last operating system and more enhancements will be released officially later.
More than 1.5 billion people are using Windows Operating system on their computers, tablets, mobile phones. All Windows customers can update to Windows 10 OS without spending a penny, it’s completely free for windows users. In this article, I will explain everything you have to do to upgrade windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10 OS. Before going to upgrade windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10 know some good features of new Windows 10 Operating System.
Main Features Of Windows 10 Operating System:
- Windows 10 brings back the windows start menu.
- Windows 10 is faster than ever before, with quick startup and resume.
- It provides the most secure platform ever, including Windows Defender for free anti-malware protection.
- CORTANA: It Learns our preferences and provides relevant recommendations. Cortana also helps us to access the information quickly and it will remind us our important dates.
- Microsoft Edge: It is a new web browser, it makes users access websites faster and easier. Microsoft Edge offers quick results and content based on your interests and preferences.
- Office On Windows: Helps to create and edit Word documents easily and can deliver PowerPoint presentations with ease.
- Xbox Live and the integrated Xbox App: Xbox Will bring new game experience to Windows 10.
- Photos, Videos, Music, Maps, People, Mail & Calendar apps are updated with new designs.
- Windows Hello: Greats us by our name and with a smile. It let us login without entering a password. With Windows Hello, we can login with our face, iris or finger prints. The Very secured process to login to our devices.
Those are some good features in Windows 10 Operating System. Ok, let’s get into our main theme of this article i.e. Upgrading Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10.
Note: Now we can only upgrade to windows 10 technical preview, not to the final Windows 10 OS. so, do a backup to your important files before following this process.
Follow the below steps carefully to upgrade your Windows 7/8/8.1 OS to Windows 10 Technical Previews.
Steps to Upgrade Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10 Operating System:
Step1: To upgrade windows 7/8/8.1 to windows, First of all, you need to create an account in Windows Insider. After creating an account, sign in using that account.
Step 2: Now to download the Windows 10 Technical Preview Executable file.
- Click On “Start upgrade now” to download the file.
Step 3: Now execute the Windows 10 Technical Preview file on your computer. Here, in this step, if you get the error pop up window like below image then check the system requirements.
- If you didn’t get the above error, it asks you to restart the computer then just click on restart.
Step 4 : After restarting your computer, go to control panel –> System and Security –> Windows Updates –> Check for Updates.
- Before clicking on Check for Updates make sure you have a very good internet connection, bcoz it will-will take more time to check for updates if you have a low internet connection.
Step 5: After completion of checking updates, it will show you Windows 10 Technical Preview is available to install.
- Click on install.
Step 6: Now it will start downloading updates, as I said before you need a good internet connection to download the files.
Step 7: After completion of downloading files, it will ask to show a box telling “if you are ready we will start the upgrade process”. Here, if you changed your mind and don’t want to upgrade then you can click “I changed my mind”.
- If you are ready to upgrade windows 7/8/8.1 to windows 10 then click on “Let’s get started”.
Step 8: Now it starts the process of installing the updates on your computer. It will take some time so leave it for some time to install the downloaded updates.
Step 9: After completion of installation, it will two option for you. One is “Schedule upgrade” and the second one is “start upgrade now”.
- Click on start upgrade now, this click will restart your computer and it will take up to one hour to complete the entire upgrading process.
Step 10: After Setup process completion, sign in to Microsoft Account. This is the final step in upgrading windows 7/8/8.1 to windows 10 operating system.
Note: Check again for the windows updates, you may find some more updates to install.
That is all you have to do friends to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7/8/8.1. Follow the process carefully to go through the windows 10 operating system on your computers.